Being an Albanian
The Old Albanian Club
The first intake of boys into St Alban’s College was in 1963. In 1968 a view to forming an Old Boys Club came into discussion and in 1969 the Old Albanian Association approved their Constitution and elected their first office bearers.
The entrance fee into the Club in 1972 was R5 and the annual subscription R2 and life membership was R20, after the payment of the entrance fee. The Club has come a long way since its inception and St Alban’s College enjoys a strong Old Boy network that strengthens the ties between alumni, the community, and parents.
The Old Albanian Events
Hosted by the Old Albanian Club there are various events through-out the year.
What you can look forward to as an Old Albanian
- Become part of a large network of over 3000 Old Albanians who are living and working all over the globe. Networking with each other, be it at reunions, rugby games, social events and golf days will expand your professional connections and provide the opportunity to meet new people. Matriculants, on graduation and having paid their lifetime membership fee, instantly walk into this network and are able to request mentorship from Old Albanians as they enter a brand-new world of higher education and chosen career paths.
- Stay informed with news about the College and your Alumni network by reading The Albanian newsletter which is available in the Digital Archives and is produced each term. You will receive a digital copy in your inbox if you are subscribed to Old Albanian & Friends of the College on the Alumni database. Click here to update your details on the Alumni database.
- The Digital Archives also hosts all editions of The Glave dating back to 1963.
- Diarise Old Boy events from our events calendar which provides ample opportunity to connect. The main events of the year are the 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50th Reunions, UK Chapter, JHB and CT Chapters and the Brothers of the Sword event which welcomes all matriculants into the Old Albanian Club after their final assembly.
- The easiest way to give back to your alma mater is to become part of an alumni association.
- Share your story. Do you have an inspiring story to share with us? This could be about your career, a business you have launched, ground-breaking scientific research you are part of, making it onto the big screen or making inroads in the music industry, the publication of a book, the invention of a product – you name it! Your story could be featured in the next Albanian newsletter.
For more information contact Donné Roebert: email@example.com
UPDATE YOUR DETAILS
Please check and/or update your contact details on the alumni database to facilitate communication with our old boys.
The Constitution sets out the purpose, mandate, goals, membership and governance requirements for the Old Albanian Club.
The Annual General Meeting of the Old Albanian Club takes place annually and is attended by the members of the club held at the College.
The Albanian newsletter is available in the Digital Archives and is produced each term.
Old Albanian Committee 2021
The Old Albanian Committee meets as often as necessary to conduct the affairs of the Club. Sub-Committees also meet regularly in the planning phases of OAC events (i.e Reunions, Golf Days, Brothers of the Sword).
|Parent Association Representative
Honorary Old Albanian & Golf Day
|Jesse Lodge||(2009)||Young Alumni Representative|
Linda van Wyk
Director of Advancement
Alumni and Database Manager